Protected by Copyscape Protected by Copyscape Protected by Copyscape

Spotify Podcaster

Ease Your Loneliness

     Many people if not some are lonely. They build walls instead of bridges. That very same thing has happened to me. Trials of life and discouragement from people whom I have trusted. I stopped talking to people and go out. I have my own world then. But then I realized, I still have some that left of me and I should be happy that I have them..my kids...and truly, they are my treasures. They have kept praying for me until I decided to go back to where I have grown up as a Christian, my Church, my Christian home. 
     Being lonely is not the end of the world but a way to understand other people who are undergoing the same situation, thus, the opportunity to reach out and find encouragement for each other. Through this blog, I hope I can reach out to many people by sharing these thoughts and discover how these three actions can help to ease our loneliness.  Dave Branon of "Our Daily Bread" correlated them with verses in the Bible. 

1) Learn contentment. Read Philippians 4:10-13, then ask God to help you to depend on Him each day and to learn to be content in any situation.
     "I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last, you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

2) Do good for someone. Read Hebrews 13:1-3, then look for someone in need of help. You will get rid of loneliness for both of you.
     "Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."

3) Worship with God's people. Read Hebrews 10:21-25 which emphasizes the value of worshiping with other believers, Find someone with whom you can praise God. 
     "...and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. and let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

     These actions will redirect your thinking and remind you that when you know God you are never alone. Lean on Jesus for contentment. 

     If you feel lonely and alone, feel free to talk to me. ('',)





#loneliness #alone #God #christian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate comments and post links related to my blog post. Feel free ..~ EmperatrizV on April Brews